Today, I completed my first indoor triathlon! This event was the perfect introduction to the triathlon sport. Participants swam in a pool, biked on a stationary bike, and then ran on a treadmill to complete the triathlon. The race was held at Life Time Fitness in Massachusetts.
- The total event last for 75 minutes.
- Swim: 10 minutes in the pool
- Transition 1: 10-minutes (move from the pool to cycle studio)
- Bike: 30 minutes on an indoor bike
- Transition 2: 5-minutes (move from the cycle studio to treadmills)
- Run: 20 minutes on a treadmill
Swimming….I love to swim but I am slow at it. The crawl has always been my worst swim stroke, so I decided to focus on the backstroke, side stroke, and I did a bit of the breaststroke. Nice and easy and relaxed.
Biking …I am not a biker….. I just pedaled gently .
Running…. easy relaxing jog
I had a fantastic time and I really enjoyed the experience. The atmosphere was laid back and very supportive. Excellent cross training .
I would definitely do this event next year. For beginners, this was an awesome way to experience a triathlon. Plus, it was fun to do something new besides running . I am proud of myself.
My weakest area ………I need to work on strengthening my lung capacity